NDM Summer Internship Programme 2016
Please note that the application process for Summer 2016 has now closed. Information regarding the 2017 process will be added to this website in late 2016.
The Nuffield Department of Medicine offers opportunities for summer internships to undergraduate and Masters students from some of our key collaborating countries. We currently offer several fully-funded awards to students from China, Japan, Mexico and Brazil. You will get the opportunity to work in a laboratory environment with an Oxford University Principal Investigator (PI) and their team in the Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine for a period of approximately eight weeks. You will also get the opportunity to live in Oxford – one of the most beautiful and historic cities in the UK.
Some previous interns on this scheme have gone on to successfully apply for fully-funded places on our DPhil (PhD) in Clinical Medicine programme (the NDM Prize Studentship).
- You should be considering applying to undertake doctoral-level research within one of NDM’s research themes
- You must be from one of the countries mentioned below (see Funding)
- You should have an excellent GPA
- You should be fluent in English
- You must be available to come to Oxford for approximately 8 weeks during the summer, preferably for July & August 2016 (please indicate the period when you would be available when you apply)
Our summer internships are open to outstanding students about to enter the final year of their undergraduate science degree or final year of a Masters degree in the biological or medical sciences. You are welcome to contact one of our Principal Investigators (PIs) with whom you are interested in working, but it is not compulsory to contact them before you apply. Please refer to the list of NDM supervisors who are interested in hosting a summer intern.
We encourage you to read through the research area links listed below:
- Immunology & infectious disease
- Cancer biology
- Physiology, cellular & molecular biology
- Genetics & genomics
- Protein science & structural biology
- Tropical medicine & global health
How to apply
The application process for 2016 has now closed. Information regarding the 2017 Summer Internships Programme will be added to this website in late 2016. If you wish to be kept informed about the Programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for registering your interest
We were unable to record your request to register for interest in future opportunities. Please try again and if problems persist contact us at email@example.com