If you wish to film on NDM premises
Please contact the relevant Business Manager as soon as possible to get permission to film within our buildings. Risk assements are required, as well as puting a notice at the entrance that filming is underway. We expect you to ensure that disruption to people working in the building will be kept at a minimum.
Please provide as much notice as possible. It takes time to consider requests, so you should not expect to be given permission to film with less than a week's notice; a month is preferable.
If you are approached by a video production company
If you receive a request to film in any laboratories, please contact the relevant Business Manager as soon as possible.
Please provide as much notice as possible. It takes time to consider requests, so you should not expect to be given permission to film with less than a week’s notice; a month is preferable.
Negotiating terms & drawing up a contract
Be clear and upfront about what the film company is paying for, e.g.
- What is a “shooting day”, 5 hours or 24 hours?
- Be very specific about logistics, where they can park, film, who they can speak to etc.
- Stay in control, be aware of what this disruption is going to mean to the Department and the people working in it.
Draw up a contract with all stipulations, including a fee, access requirements/times, logistics, where the production crew can and can’t film etc. See the Ashmolean website for a sample of Location Agreement.
How much should you charge an independent film/production company for filming on your premises?
- For commercial productions, such as films and documentaries, where the focus of the programme is not the University, the commercial minimum for medium size crew is £200/hr, for a larger crew you can charge up to £3,000/day.
- The University would not usually charge crews filming for news programmes or documentaries about the work of the University, the division or the department, for example reports on research breakthroughs.
- PINFOX introduction
- PINFOX lists
- How to set up VPN
- Dashboard View
- Personal Information
- Research Information
- Programme Summary
- Researcher Timeline
- Titles, Keywords and Web links
- DPhil Projects
- Add a new PI
- Check for duplicates
- PINFOX timeline
- Story timeline
- User Details
- Producing a leaflet
- Printing a leaflet
- Finance Project update
- How to add a new finance project in PINFOX
- How to generate reports of finance projects ending within 6 months
- Finance Project Ending Reminders
- Contact us
- NDM Finance Project Officers
- NDM Administrators
- Symplectic update
- Resource Booking
- Writing for the Web
- Image Bank
- Create podcasts
- NDM Web Team