Image Bank SOP
What is Image Bank?
Image Bank maintains a central digital collection of assets accessible to users and teams with emphasis on speed, user-friendly searching and minimal administrative work.
Run by Resourcespace it overcomes many Digital Asset Management (DAM) problems:
- Fully internationalized with user language choices and translations
- Gives the option of storing video and audio material as well as still images.
- Easy to search content with keywords
- Offers a range of similar assets when searching making it easy to scan for ideas.
- Teams can be created in groups and subgroups with the option of granting 'read-only' permission to outsiders.
How do I log-in?
A link to access the Image Bank is located at the bottom of the NDM Tools front page.
To gain access to the system please complete the access request form.
To view collections click on 'My Collections' and scroll to your selected album
- To add photos or other digital assets click the Upload button located in the top right of the screen.
- Click on the drop down list and select the collection you would like to add photos to.
- Alternatively, if you would like to create a new collection, do so by entering a title in the blank box and click Create to the right.
- Fill in as many of the fields as appropriate. The only mandatory field is the Title, however recommended minimum fields to include are Title, Keywords and Credit (ie. name of photographer) as this helps to narrow the search for future reference.
- Click Next.
- Click on the Flash Uploader link (beneath the Back button). Click Upload.
- Browse for chosen file, click Open. The file will begin uploading and be displayed as a thumbnail.
- To upload multiple files, hold the shift key.
- If you have uploaded multiple files it would be advisable for future searching to give each image a personal title by double clicking on each thumbnail and clicking Edit under Resource Tools to open the Resource Metadata page.
- Enter an appropriate title in the Title field which best describes the subject of the image.
- Click Save.