Check if the person is already in PINFOX
If the PI is already in PINFOX, either as a collaborator, as a co-supervisor for DPhil projects or as an additional contact for a financial project, make a note of all information, then delete the profile.
Once the PI has been set up, make sure to update all relevant PI profiles, DPhil projects and financial projects.
Request a Symplectic account
If the PI doesn't have an account in Symplectic, request a new account:
- Open the form 'Symplectic New User Request form', available from the page Symplectic Elements at Oxford
- Fill in all relevant fields
- Initials: you might want to check under which initial(s) the PI has published, either in PubMed, Scopus or Web of Science
- Login Username is the SSO (you can send the form even if you don't have it)
Note: SSO can be found in the Address Book of an @ndm email account (Nexus login)
- Comments: add in the new PI's Unit
- Send the form to symplectic; add the PI's surname in the Subject line
Add a new PI profile page in PINFOX
- Click 'Add a person'
- Fill in all relevant fields
- In the field 'Note', add 'Profile created by name, on date, reason'; reason for creating a profile is typically 'New finance projects in Oracle, finance project code, confirmation by Business Manager, on date, that Surname is a PI'
- Add an additional note if the PI is to be visible on a Unit website only, and which unit
- Click 'Save'
Add an email address
More than one email addresses can be added in.
Note: only the first email address will appear on the profile page; when resetting the password, the new password will be sent to the first email address.
Add a PI profile
- Select 'hidden' and 'profile not yet updated'
- Select NDM status
- Enter Unit and Primary physical base
- If the PI is visiting, enter the end date of their contract
Add User's details
- PINFOX username is usually 'Surname, Firstname'
- Password - the password will have to be changed at first use
- SSO - can be found in the Address Book of an @ndm email account (Nexus login)
- Access level: select 'Individual profile and dashboard'
Contact the new PI
A draft email is saved on the server (N:\ndms\OPERATIONS PROJECTS\PINFOX\PINFOX LAUNCH). There are two versions of this emails
- PIs who already have access to their Symplectic account
- PIs who will shortly get access to a Symplectic account
Once the profile page is updated
When the PI has confirmed that they've updated their profile, check that nothing major is missing and publish the profile, either full NDM profile (available on main departmental and other websites) or unit-only (available on unit website only).
- PINFOX introduction
- PINFOX lists
- How to set up VPN
- Dashboard View
- Personal Information
- Research Information
- Programme Summary
- Researcher Timeline
- Titles, Keywords and Web links
- DPhil Projects
- Add a new PI
- Check for duplicates
- PINFOX timeline
- Story timeline
- User Details
- Producing a leaflet
- Printing a leaflet
- Finance Project update
- How to add a new finance project in PINFOX
- How to generate reports of finance projects ending within 6 months
- Finance Project Ending Reminders
- Contact us
- NDM Finance Project Officers
- NDM Administrators
- Symplectic update
- Resource Booking
- Writing for the Web
- Image Bank
- Create podcasts
- NDM Web Team