How to upload a podcast onto YouTube
- Create an account in YouTube (NDM YouTube account) (sign in as webteam)
- Choose 'Upload video' (camera symbol) in the top right
- Select the files you wish to upload
- Update the information (title, description, tags, playlists, choose thumbnail etc.)
- Click 'Publish' and your video will be live once it has finished processing
How to edit closed captions in YouTube
- On the YouTube video page, select 'Edit Video'
- From the left menu, select Subtitles. You may need to select the language at this point
- Duplicate and edit the automatic captions
If you have a transcript, it may be quicker to edit as text and paste the transcript; save draft and then edit timings
- If no transcript is available, select Add and paste the transcript as text; correct the transcript and add a return carriage at the end of each sentence; save draft and select 'Auto-sync'; wait for YouTube to generate timings - this can take several hours (refresh the page). At that point, do not edit further, otherwise YouTube will generate timings again. Publish
Note: if automatic captions are missing in YouTube, you can use the 'Dictate' option in the Word app of Nexus365 to generate a trancript.
For more option, sign in to YouTube Studio