If you produce a video
If you produce a video
NDM members or anyone wishing to film on NDM premises should first contact NDM Strategic.
All requests are subject to approval
Please provide as much notice as possible. It takes time to consider requests, so you should not expect to be given permission to film with less than a week's notice; a month is preferable.
Please send us as much detail as possible, including:
- a synopsis of the film, or detailed information about its content
- where the film will be published, including, if relevant, the name of the programme, the station on which it is broadcast and audience figures
- in a sentence, for a non-specialist, what is this film about?
- what external audiences should this appeal to? (e.g. educated general public, school children, business, academics)
- what internal audiences should this appeal to? (e.g. funding bodies, members of the University)
- what are the explicit messages? (e.g. impact of this technology)
- what are the implicit messages? (e.g. showing women in senior scientific role)
- is the film time sensitive? (e.g. tie publication with WHO campaign, new policy, important visit)
- what long-term life do you hope this film would have? (e.g. educational material, footage to give to funding bodies)
- what and where you want to film - please be as specific as possible
- who you wish to film at the University - let us know whether you want to talk to staff or students, and whether you have already identified who you want to film
- what you will ask interview subjects, preferably a list of questions
- if the film is not exclusively about the Department, please set out how the Department segment fits in to the programme overall
- preferred dates for filming and how long you estimate filming will take
- number of people in the film crew (even roughly - one person? less than five? ten?)
- when the film will be published/broadcast
Any scripts that are written, or text that is being used, should be approved by NDMS, on behalf of the Head of Department. If possible, any drafts or rough cuts of the video should also be shown to NDMS prior to final sign off.
We are aiming to support the acknowledgment of research activities, as they are important tools for outreach and impact, and are looking for a consistent approach across the Department, Division and University. We have been working closely with the Medical Sciences Division to assist with communications between the NDM units and the central Public Affairs Directorate.
Once the video is completed, NDMS must be kept informed about where and when the film will be published and released. Please provide us with a copy of or link to the film.