Quick link to our academic papers investigating different aspects of the COVID-19 epidemic, including vaccine effectiveness.
Quality and Methodology Information
Information on the data collection method change from study worker home visit to remote data collection August 2022 September 2022 December 2022
**NEW** Respiratory virus (flu and RSV) pilot study - Autumn 2022 with data tables
Methods and further information
Regular articles and bulletins from the Office for National Statistics (ONS)
- Updates on overall rates of swab positivity are published every week by ONS
- Updates on overall rates of antibody positivity are published every other week by the ONS
- ONS also publish longer articles about the survey, many about swab positivity
- Also see this blog explaining more about Antibodies and Immunity – how do they relate to one another?
- ONS also publish regular bulletins about "Long COVID" from the survey as well as more detailed longer articles - see here for everything about long COVID from the survey
- The ONS COVID Insights tool brings together latest data and trends about the COVID-19 pandemic from the ONS and other sources, including hospitalisations, deaths, well-being, lifestyle and work
Quick links to information about the Alpha (B.1.1.7) variant (December 2020-January 2021)
- Blog "Understanding the ‘UK’ variant: How the ONS is monitoring the new strain of Covid-19"
- Increased infections, but not viral burden, with a new SARS-CoV-2 variant [MedrXiv, 15 January 2020]
- 5 January 2021 - Estimates of COVID-19 cases to 2 January for England, regions of England and by cases compatible with the new variant
- 30 December - COVID-19 Infection Survey: estimates of COVID-19 cases to 23 December for England, regions of England and by cases compatible with the new variant
- 29 December - new variant clustering in households
- 23 December - COVID-19 Infection Survey: New variant compatible growth rates
- 23 December - COVID-19 Infection Survey: ORF1ab+N positivity rates
- 21 December - COVID-19 Infection Survey: Ct analysis
- 19 December - COVID-19 Infection Survey: percentage of COVID-19 cases that are positive for ORF1ab and N genes