How do I add a podcast hosted in MediaPub
How do I create the podcast page
- Click ‘Website'
- Click ‘Content'
- Browse to the relevant folder
- Click add new Podcast
- Page title (mandatory) will appear at the top of the page.
- Podcast title (mandatory) will appear just under the podcast and is used in menus
- Main content (mandatory) will appear under the Podcast title; it may contain a transcript of the podcast
- Side content (mandatory) will appear as a right hand column; style can be altered using the text editor
- Video/audio (mandatory) needs to be a link - please get the URL from MediaPub
- Image (mandatory) should be 640 x 360 pixels
- View all Items Link is used for a series of podcasts
- RSS link contains the link provided by podcasts.ox.ac.uk, and should start with http://
- iTunes link contains the link provided by podcasts.ox.ac.uk, and should start with itpc://
- Click ‘Save changes'
Note: to save space, MediaPub settings are kept low. If your video includes slides, you might want to add high-resolution PDFs of the slides to your webpage.
How do I prepare a PDF of slides
- Save as 'Photoshop PDF' - keep defaults settings (Layers)
- On the second screen, untick 'Preserve Photoshop Editing Capabilities'
In Adobe Acrobat Professional:
- Combine files - keep defaults settings
- Add files > next > create > save
Add the PDF in NeWT following the guidelines how to add a link to a document