The Nuffield Department of Medicine at the University of Oxford has recently signed an array of MoUs with several Mexican research universities and national health institutes, aimed at strengthening relationships and collaborative work by:
- facilitating exchanges of academic staff and postgraduate students;
- hosting each other’s academic staff and students as visitors;
- exploring opportunities for collaborating on funded research programmes;
- creating scholarships supporting Mexican students to undertake:
- Summer internships to gain a deeper understanding of their chosen fields of study and to be exposed to different cultures and environments; and
- Doctoral studies and NDM Prize Studentships for candidates demonstrating exceptional academic merit and/or potential commencing a full-time DPhil course of study in any subject at the University of Oxford’s Medical Sciences Division and intending to return to Mexico on completion of their studies.