How to add a new finance project in PINFOX
Check if the PI for the new finance project is already in PINFOX
- If the PI is in PINFOX, proceed as mentioned below
- If the PI is not in PINFOX:
- The PI might belong to another Department - check using the University search box; the finance project will be ignored, with 'Firstname Surname, not NDM PI (Department)' as 'Reason for ignoring'
- The 'PI' might actually be a student (or a postdoc) - check with the unit finance project administrator; the finance project will be added in PINFOX with the Student's Supervisor as PI
- The PI might have started recently to work for the Department and will need a PINFOX profile - check with the unit Business Manager
Note: Please use the email@example.com email account for any request.
Add a new finance project
- From the Oracle Import Report, click on the magnifying glass
- Click on 'Add finance project to PINFOX'
- Check all pre-filled fields and click 'Save'
New finance projects can also be added from PINFOX homepage:
- From the Home page click Add > Finance Project
- Complete the fields and click 'Save'
Projects can be duplicated; click 'Duplicate Finance Project'; some information is added in automatically (Name, Project, PI, Funding body, start and end dates)
Lay Summary and Finance Project Type
Ask the unit finance project administrator for the lay summary and finance project type (Fellowship, Programme, Studentship, Project - including Clinical Trials, Equipment), and whether funding for this project is annualised. Please send requests from the firstname.lastname@example.org email account.
Note: not all sponsors require a lay summary
- Sponsors requesting a lay summary: Wellcome Trust, MRC and other Research Councils, some small charities
- Sponsors not requesting a lay summary: EU, majority of industry sponsors
Note: finance projects coming in 18-months tranches (or other) also count as annualised, as do any grant with an end-date that doesn't correlate to the full budget set up in Oracle.
This stops them from looking like they have a high burn rate until the budget is uplifted.
How to add a new Funding Body
If the funding body doesn't appear in the list, please add it under 'Lists'
- Under the tab 'Lists', select 'Funding Bodies'
- Add in their name, website (starting with http://) and short name
- Click 'Save'
The new Funding Body will appear the next time you add a new finance project - please first add the new Funding Body, then add the new finance project.