Permissions are given on a page or folder to users. Access can be granted or denied for specific users to limit the amount of people that can alter pages. If you are a user and find you haven't got permission to edit an area you think you need, please get in touch with the web master for the site. If you are a web master and need to set permissions for users then please follow the guide below:
- In NeWT, browse to the page or folder
- Click 'Access'
- Select the permission
- Browse to the individual user or user group
- Click 'Add or replace permission'
There are 4 permissions that you can allocate to users. Permissions are inherited, so setting permissions on a folder or page for example will also set the permissions for the contents of that folder or any subpages within that section of the website. These permissions only affect the editing side of the website and not the viewable front end:
- Deny: the user cannot see, edit or delete the item in question, or create additional items within it. This is the default policy if no permissions have been set
- View: the user can see the item, but cannot edit or delete it, and cannot create additional items within it
- Edit: the user can see, edit and delete the item, and can create additional items within it
- Manage: as Edit, but also with the ability to set permissions
Give access to asset folders
- Open the relevant asset folder
- Click ‘Access'
- Select permission
- Click ‘Browse': select User or User Group
- Click ‘Add or replace permission'
Suggestion: add an asset folder for each item in the first level of navigation. If needed add other folders within this first level of folders.