How do I create a new PINFOX sortable table?
What is a sortable table?
PINFOX sortable tables contain either:
- PIs' names, Research Area and Technology Exchange; initially sorted by PI or Research Area
- PIs sorted by Technology Exchange
- DPhil projects, PI and Category; initially sorted by either Title, Supervisor or Category
- Consultants, Research Area, Clinical Links and Technology Exchange; initially sorted by surname or research area
How to create a sortable table
- Select the page
- Click Add new PINFOX sortable table
- Table Type: select the table
- Title: give a short name, this will appear both in the address line and in the navigation
- Selecting ‘refer to this list where possible' will make it the master list for the whole website (both for PIs and DPhil projects); there can be only one master list, which will be the last one selected.
- Content: the text entered here will appear before the table
- Click ‘Save changes'
Note: the table may initially not be populated, and may not appear properly on the website until the next automatic update. We recommend that you initially set the visibility of the page to Private. Once the page is properly populated, you can change its visibility.
Example: PINFOX list of PIs on the NDM website