How to redirect emails from Symplectic
All Symplectic users with an Oxford affiliation have had their account updated with their Oxford email account with the usual format firstname.lastname@example.org
All correspondence from Symplectic is now sent to this email address. If you don't use it on a regular base, we strongly suggest you redirect all messages sent to this account:
- Open your Nexus account
- Sign in with your SSO (see our page how to set up VPN if you need help with your SSO) - your account name is your SSO followed by @ox.ac.uk - use your SSO again
- Click the settings icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on Mail under 'Your app settings'
- A panel will appear in the browser window.
- Under Mail > Automatic processing, click 'Inbox and sweep rules'.
- Click on the plus symbol to add a rule
- Select ‘Apply to all messages’ in the first field
- Select ‘Redirect the message to’ in the second field and choose the recipient
- If your local/external email address doesn't appear when you select 'Redirect', you might need to add it as a 'Contact' (on emails' first page, click on the people's icon at the bottom left and add your local/external address under 'All contacts')
Note: warnings that your University Card is about to expire are also sent to your Oxford email account