NIH-Oxford Scholars Application Instructions
Please note that these instructions are only relevant to those applicants who have already received an offer from the NIH, following the Bethesda interviews in February. Potential NIH-Oxford Scholars should apply to Oxford as soon as they receive an offer from the NIH using the following online process.
When completing the online application form please take note of the following:
- Course Code is RD_BM1 and the Programme description is 'DPhil in Biomedical Sciences: NIH-Oxford'
- Under Proposed field and title of research project put 'NIH-Oxford Scholars Programme'
- Under Proposed funding source please select 'Other Sources (specify)'. This will open a new box entitled Please specify funding source - state here the 'NIH-Oxford Scholars Programme. Please also answer 'Firmly secured' in the Status field
- There is no need to apply for additional funding schemes
- Supervisor - If you haven't y et decided on an Oxford supervisor, at this stage for purposes of admission you can list Professor Michael Dustin, Director of the Oxford Programme as your supervisor
- A CV and Statement of Purpose should be uploaded, include your final year school results and full details of your research experience. You are not being reassessed. This is for University records. References can be forwarded to NDM by the NIH administrators.
- References - You do not need to add your referees to your application as we will receive these from NIH. Please enter Referee1 (email@example.com), Referee2 (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Referee3 (email@example.com) in the references section and tick the boxes saying that you are happy for the referees to be contacted. This should enable you to submit your application.
University administration requires a single credit card payment of £75 to accompany your application. Unfortunately, no other form of payment is acceptable for online applications. We apologise but the current configuration of the application form requires payment of the fee, even for funded students.
Detailed guidelines are available for completing the application form.