How do I create a new Summary of External Content
External Content contains a title and web address of an external page, as well as a summary of the content of this page, and an optional thumbnail image. External contents are searchable.
- Select the page
- Click Add new External Content
- Title: give a short name, this will appear both in the address line and in the navigation
- Web address: enter the full web address, including http://
- Summary: enter a short text. If the External Content is a news, please include the PI's name in the summary text. Make best use of the rich text editor
- Image: you can add a thumbnail image to this content (image needs to be added in an asset folder first)
- Click ‘Add External Content'
- External content will always be added to the bottom of a summary list. Select the 'Move' option, changing the sequence to '1' so the latest article added to the summary list will appear at the top
Example: Most items appearing on the Latest News page of the NDM website