How do I create a new Symplectic publication page?
What is a publication table?
A publication table contains a list of publications according to chosen criteria:
- Articles published between selected start and end dates
- Articles selected as 'favourite' in Symplectic OR all Articles
- Articles published by one or several researchers OR articles published by all researchers members of a unit (or several units)
Publications are sorted by either
- Publication date or Reporting date
- Surname of the first author
Note: Publication date is provided by the external datasource (usually PubMed or Web of Science) and is unfortunately often incomplete; for example only the year might be provided and will default to the 1st of January.
Reporting date is provided by Symplectic and can be altered.
How to create a publication table
- Select the page under which the publication table is to appear
- Click Add new Symplectic publication table
- Title: give a short name, this will appear both in the address line and in the navigation
- Date from: start date (d/m/y)
- Date to: end date (d/m/y)
- Favourites only: if chosen, will select only publications selected as 'favourites' in Symplectic
- Where First Or Last Author Only: if chosen, PINFOX will attempt to select only publications where a selected PI appears to be listed as either first or last author.
Please note that Symplectic does not confirm a person's position in the author list, only that they are an author; therefore PINFOX attempts to determine a person's position in the author list based on their name.
- Users SSOs: add one or several researchers' Single Sign On IDs, if relevant
- Unit Keys: tick one or several units, if relevant
- Sort by: either Reporting Date, Publication Date or First Author Surname
- Publication Date is provided by the external datasource and might be incomplete (it will default to the 1st January);
- Reporting Date is provided by Symplectic and can be altered.
- Content: type in some text that will appear above the publications
- Click 'Add Symplectic publication table'