The PDR is a process of self-reflection and assessment, with the aim of identifying training and development needs as well as setting agreed objectives for the period to follow. The Department’s PDR scheme is underpinned by a set of principles agreed by the Personnel Committee, and supported by People & Organisational Development (POD) – previously know as Oxford Learning Institute (OLI)
Personal – it is about the person, and helps integrate individual aspirations and capabilities with the needs of the University and the challenges of the role. But it also covers performance expectations, through the development and achievement of objectives;
Development – it is about the development or changes needed to enable individuals to do their job well and to develop their potential, if they want; and to discuss any career aspirations that the reviewee wants to share;
Review – it looks backwards to review past achievements and reflect on lessons learned, and then looks forward to plan the year to come.
Following feedback from staff surveys and Athena Swan working groups NDM have taken the decision to move to an annual completion date of 30 June each year for all PDR’s in the department. The PDR completion window will be open from now until 30 June 2020.
If you have not had a PDR since 1 July 2019 please arrange to have one.
- Schedule a time with your line manager to conduct your PDR.
- Prepare for your PDR by completing the NDM PDR Form It is designed to provide structure and guidance to support your discussion:-
Section A – EMPLOYEE
This section is to be completed by you in advance of your PDR meeting, you should then forward your partially completed form to your Line Manager in advance of the PDR meeting.
Section B & C – EMPLOYEE & LINE MANAGER
You and your Line Manager should complete both of these sections together during and after the PDR meeting. Feedback to your manager is also encouraged, and can be captured in Section C.
Return your completed and signed PDR form (electronic is preferred) to the HR Learning & Development Centre for Excellence at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30 June 2020.
Learning & Development – HR
Wellcome Centre for Human Genetics
1st floor of the Quad Offices
Old Road Campus
University of Oxford
Tel: Sarah 01865 612922 or Lois 01865 612946
- If you need to check when you last had a PDR, please contact the Learning & Development team, they will be able to help you.
- If you have had a PDR since 1 July 19 and have returned your completed PDR to HR then no further action is required at this time.
- In accordance with GDPR compliance, we would like to advise that we may be required to report some general information about all PDR’s conducted as part of the departments commitment to Athena SWAN.
- Clinical staff who are reviewed by the Trust are encouraged to also have an NDM PDR. Clinicians will need to refer to the Clinical Care website, for details on statutory and mandatory training, appraisal and revalidation
- A PDR should not be carried out for new staff on probation, or students.
Please contact Sarah Spruytenburg on ext 12922 or Lois Nicholas on ext 12946 email: mailto:email@example.com if you have any questions regarding your PDR