The PDR is a process of self-reflection and assessment, with the aim of identifying training and development needs as well as setting agreed objectives for the period to follow. The Department’s PDR scheme is underpinned by a set of principles agreed by the Personnel Committee and supported by People & Organisational Development (POD)
Personal - it is about the person and helps integrate individual aspirations and capabilities with the needs of the University and the challenges of the role. But it also covers performance expectations, through the development and achievement of objectives;
Development - it is about the development or changes needed to enable individuals to do their job well and to develop their potential, if they want; and to discuss any career aspirations that the reviewee wants to share;
Review - it looks backward to review past achievements and reflect on lessons learned and then looks forward to planning the year to come.
Following feedback from staff surveys and Athena Swan working groups, NDM has taken the decision to move to an annual completion date of 30 June each year for all PDR’s in the department. The PDR completion window will be open from now until 30 June 2021.
if you have any questions regarding your PDR please contact Sarah Spruytenburg on ext 12922 or Lois Nicholas on ext 12946 or email: email@example.com
- Schedule a time with your line manager to conduct your PDR.
- Prepare for your PDR by completing the NDM PDR Form It is designed to provide structure and guidance to support your discussion:-
Section A - EMPLOYEE
This section is to be completed by you in advance of your PDR meeting, you should then forward your partially completed form to your Line Manager in advance of the PDR meeting.
Section B & C - EMPLOYEE & LINE MANAGER
You and your Line Manager should complete both of these sections together during and after the PDR meeting. Feedback to your manager is also encouraged and can be captured in Section C.
Return an electronic copy of your completed and signed PDR form to the HR Learning & Development Centre for Excellence at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30 June 2021.
Tel: Sarah 01865 612922 or Lois 01865 612946
- If you need to check when you last had a PDR, please contact the Learning & Development team, they will be able to help you.
- In accordance with GDPR compliance, we would like to advise that we may be required to report some general information about all PDR’s conducted as part of the department's commitment to Athena SWAN.
- Clinical staff who are reviewed by the Trust are encouraged to also have an NDM PDR. Clinicians will need to refer to the Clinical Care website, for details on statutory and mandatory training, appraisal and revalidation
- A PDR should not be carried out for new staff on probation, or students.
Please contact Sarah Spruytenburg on ext 12922 or Lois Nicholas on ext 12946 email: email@example.com if you have any questions regarding your PDR