The main aim of our research is to understand the molecular and cellular mechanisms mediating inflammatory diseases and to translate our findings into therapeutic concepts to treat these diseases. The focus of current projects is on the novel functions and signalling mechanisms of eicosanoid receptors, particularly the receptor for prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) CRTH2, that play a critical role in the pathogenesis of allergic inflammatory diseases such as asthma, rhinitis and dermatitis.
- Exploration of the novel functions of CRTH2 on pro-inflammatory responses in in vitro immune cells
- Analysis of the signalling pathways downstream of CRTH2 that promote pro-inflammatory responses
- Development of novel therapeutic strategies for the treatment of inflammatory diseases
- Identification of novel GPCR receptors, that promote pro-inflammatory responses, as drug targets in inflammatory diseases
- Identification of biomarkers for diagnosing and differentiating sub-phenotypes of inflammatory diseases
Resistance to apoptosis underpins the corticosteroid insensitivity of group 2 innate lymphoid cells.
Luo J. et al, (2019), The Journal of allergy and clinical immunology, 144, 1722 - 1726.e10
Fevipiprant, a selective prostaglandin D2 receptor 2 antagonist, inhibits human group 2 innate lymphoid cell aggregation and function.
Hardman C. et al, (2019), The Journal of allergy and clinical immunology, 143, 2329 - 2333
Correction: Synergistic activation of pro-inflammatory type-2 CD8 + T lymphocytes by lipid mediators in severe eosinophilic asthma
Hilvering B. et al, (2019), Mucosal Immunology, 12, 581 - 581
FEVIPIPRANT INHIBITS PROSTAGLANDIN D2 MEDIATED ACTIVATION OF GROUP 2 INNATE LYMPHOID CELLS (ILC2S)
Sandham D. et al, (2019), RESPIROLOGY, 24, 105 - 105
Fevipiprant, a Selective Prostaglandin D(2)Receptor 2 Antagonist, Potently Inhibits Chemotaxis and Cytokine Production by Tc2 cells (type-2 CD8(+)lymphocytes)
Xue L. et al, (2019), AMERICAN JOURNAL OF RESPIRATORY AND CRITICAL CARE MEDICINE, 199